International Scientific and Practical Conference 'Competitiveness of Regions'
The International Scientific and Practical Conference 'Competitiveness of Regions' is held annually in Pskov State University with the support of the International Department of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, the State Committee of the Pskov region on economic development and investment policy, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Pskov region, the Higher School of Business of Arts and Technology RISEBA, the Belarusian State Economic University, the Rezekne Technological Academy.
The main goal of the conference is consolidation of positions and development of common approaches of the Russian and European scientific community, authorities and management, business structures to sustainable social and economic development of the regions, identification of strategic non-resource areas for increasing the competitiveness of regions and expanding international cooperation.
Topics of discussion:
· International integration of border regions
· Formation of regional innovation policy and improvement of quality of life
· Development of non-primary exports
· Europeanization of education as a factor of regional development, the role of supporting universities
· Provisions for sustainable development of regions in the context of economic sanctions and import substitution
· Improvement of the project finance mechanism
· Spatial development in conditions of resource constraints
· Economic security of regions
· Ecological economics
Main events of the conference:
- plenary session
- seminar with the support of the International department of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation,
- 'round table' with representatives of government bodies and the business community
- open lectures
Participants of the Conference are given the opportunity to visit industrial enterprises in Pskov and get familiar with the cultural and historical heritage of the region (Pskov Kremlin, Pushkin Mountains, Izborsk, Pechory).
More information about the conference and registration form can be found here.